Re: metadata

> Miguel>    "Gnome.Open"                Command used to open this file
>
> I'd much prefer to see these be names which refer to some CORBA object
> which will handle the request.

Thing is: we barely have CORBA servers for any objects now and we will
have few in the near future, so as a transition step, we could have,
say:

	"Gnome.Open"	"CorbaServerToStart"
	"Gnome.OpenCmd" "Some Shell command"

So, we check first if Gnome.Open key is defined and if we can launch
that service, if that is not possible, we run the OpenCmd option.

The other feature I have been discussing with Elliot is that we will
probably ship a create-instance command, which would basically be:

	create-instance factory_name arguments...

This will just be a shell front end to the functionality in libgnorba
(which contacts the gnome-name-service to launch corba servers on
demand, look in baboon/baboon/factory-launcher module for the
details).

So, in the future, the Gnome Terminal would be activated by doing:

	bash$ create-instance GnomeTerminal

> For another, it means that the file manager won't be special-cased.
> E.g., for Gnome.View we could just have the file manager happen to
> implement the object that is recorded there.

I like this idea.

> Miguel> Postscript files would define:
> Miguel>    "Action.Print"                   "lpr -P$PRINTER %f"
> Miguel>    "Action.Print.NeedTerminal"      false
>
> I'm not sure I completely understand this.  Will the action text be
> displayed to the user somehow?  If so, then there is a lurking i18n
> bug.

Uh oh.  Yes, this is correct, this will be shown to the user.

Any ideas on how to handle that?

Miguel.