Re: Softwares sugestion

Tim Moore writes:
>Oh, I thought RPM at least was intended to be cross-platform.

You've been misinformed.

I don't know where people get the idea that RPM is not cross-platform,
and I don't know why they spread the rumor without substantiation, but
a look through the archives of either this list or of rpm-list would
easily show that rpm not only is intended to be cross-platform, it is
a successful cross-platform product used to manage software on pretty
much every Unix system, and people have even (horrors!) ported it to
NT without much trouble.

michaelkjohnson

 Linux Application Development       http://www.redhat.com/~johnsonm/lad/