Re: latest CVS vs. Solaris 2.5.1

"Brandon S. Allbery" <allbery@ece.cmu.edu> writes:
> In message <d9sohuwjvv.fsf@sejong.cs.umn.edu>, Raja R Harinath writes:
> +-----
> | > * Some cases which look like the above problem are actually something
> | > more troublesome: configuration-parameter scripts such as glib-config
> | > don't record the value of $LIBS in effect when they were configured
> | > and therefore don't include it when run --- but callers of these
> | > scripts often trust them to be complete specifications.  For example,
> |
> | The X11 checks will use link -lsocket and -lnsl if you don't specify
> | them in $LIBS.  `gtk-config' includes the results of this configure
> | check.
> +--->8
>
> But doesn't include -lroken as mentioned in the example, so there's no
> snprintf().  It would be nice if such supplemental libraries would be
> propagated, or if the configure test would include $LIBS in its compilation
> test.

AFAIK `gtk+' doesn't use snprintf, it uses g_snprintf (which can be a
wrapper around vsnprintf).  Imlib, on the other hand, needs snprintf,
but isn't used in Gnome (as opposed to gdk_imlib, which uses
g_snprintf).

The rest of Gnome uses `gnomesupport' to get `snprintf'.  All done
automatically.

- Hari