GtkScrolledWindow sizes (was Re: GNOME CVS: gtop martin)

On Mon, 14 Sep 1998, Gnome CVS User wrote:

> CVSROOT:	/cvs/gnome
> Module name:	gtop
> Changes by:	martin	98/09/14 23:17:29
>
> Modified files:
> 	.              : Tag: GTOP_MDI_BRANCH graph.c fsusage.c
> 	                 memusage.c
>
> Log message:
> * graph.c (graph_configure): Do not enforce minimum size.

Short question guys:

When I have something (GTopGraph) which is subclassed from GtkDrawingArea
inside a GtkScrolledWindow and catch the configure event from this
GTopGraph, I can use event->width and event->height to get the new
size of this GTopGraph if the user resized the window.

This GTopGraph is smart enough to know that it has a minimum required
width and height - well, how can I tell the GtkScrolledWindow about
this minimum width and height and that it should start scrolling if
the GTopGraph gets smaller ?

Simply using

	gtk_widget_set_usize (g->da, min_width, min_height)
                              ^^^^^
                              This is the GtkDrawingArea

inside the configure event hander doesn't work as expected - the
scrollbars appear as expected *while* the user is resizing the window, as
soon as he releases the mouse the window has its old size again.

Any ideas ?

Martin

   Martin Baulig - Angewandte Mathematik - Universitaet Trier

   baulig@castor.uni-trier.de, http://www.home-of-linux.org/
   Key: 1024-bit key with ID C8178435 created 1997/01/24
   ID:  67 C1 84 A0 47 F5 11 C5  5F 68 4C 84 99 05 C3 92
   Finger me for public key or fetch finger.txt from the url above