Re: What IDE?

>:Hi there!
>:
>:I want to start developing in Linux with Gnome. Because of that I'm
>:searching a comfortable IDE for Linux. I would prefer something like the
>:Borland C++ 5 IDE or RHIDE of DJGPP. I have already tried RHIDE for
>:Linux, but the debugger doesn't work (segfault), and all keybindings are
>:mixed together...
>:
>:Could somebody suggest me a good IDE?
>
> Try XWPE, it looks a lot like the borland IDE, and works fine.
> I use it myself (although I'm not such an experienced programmer

The best damn debugger out there is DDD.  It's probably better than most
professional debuggers out there.  For an IDE, I'd use:

	{emacs/vi} + DDD

Otherwise try some of the other ones out there.  Search for IDE in
freshmeat.net, you should be able to get a good list there.

	sri

Sri Ramkrishna         /|\ Unix is very user friendly, its just very picky
email: sri@aracnet.com -|- on who it is friendly to. -- Unknown?
phone: 503-645-4868    \|/