Re: GnomeCanvas

>  I suggest in that case, that we come up with a Beans-like setup, items
>  that can have their properties edited migth provide an "item editor".
>
>  Hopefully Federico (the canvas author) will comment more on this and
>  provide some nice way for all of us to deal with the problem.

You can use gtk_object_query_args() to get a list of arguments that an
object supports.  You could use this to build simple generic
configuration dialogs for canvas items.

I have tried to be more or less consistent in the naming of canvas
item arguments; if anyone's life could be made easier by renaming some
of them, please tell me :-)

I don't know if having this in the core gnome-libs would be very
useful.  I think the set of properties that can be configured for
canvas items and the way they are presented to the user is very
application-specific -- I don't know if having a generic canvas item
configuration dialog builder in gnome-libs would be useful.

  Federico