Re: What IDE?

    Soren> I have also thought of this same question.  I can use emacs
    Soren> basically (open, edit, close files), but I'd like to be
    Soren> more proficient.  Is there a good "learning emacs"
    Soren> resource?  I've already been through the tutorial once or
    Soren> twice.

You should take a look at the full manual, the parts on running the
debugger.

I presume you already know basic gdb.

If you compile and link a program with the -g option, you can then say

    M-x gdb
    program-name

and then do something like

    break main
    run

and when it hits the breakpoint you will have one window for gdb
command and the other is an emacs buffer that points to the line of
code being executed.  You can now use

    C-c C-n

for "next" and so forth.