Re: Gnome and RH5.0

> I would like to install gnome into Rh5.0 is this possible?
> Has anyone tried this? I am having major problems installing
> the source everytime I run configure in the source directory
> I get

Yes.  Most of my systems are Rh 5.0 (as my friends borroed my RH 5.1
cd the very day I got it and I have still not heard back from them).

> checking for gnomeConf.sh file in /usr/local/lib... not found
> configure: error: Could not find the gnomeConf.sh file that is generated
> by gnome-libs install

Did you install gnome-libs?  Where did you install it?

If you installed gnome-libs in one place, but your GNOME package
somewhere else, make sure gnome-config (generated by gnome-libs) is in
your path.

Miguel.