Gnome and RH5.0

I would like to install gnome into Rh5.0 is this possible?
Has anyone tried this? I am having major problems installing
the source everytime I run configure in the source directory
I get

checking for gnomeConf.sh file in /usr/local/lib... not found
configure: error: Could not find the gnomeConf.sh file that is generated
by gnome-libs install

I have install all the parts to get Enlightenment up and running
I would now like to get gnome and ee working.

thanks

Kevin