Re: Icewm hacks for GNOME

On Thu, Sep 10, 1998 at 05:56:06PM -0400, raster@redhat.com wrote:
> ->  how about only using an inputonly window and draw the pixmap directly onto
> ->  the root ... then I guess you could do alpha channel icons
>
> one word: OUCH! :) expose events.. OUCH what if roto background
> changes? i suppose a fake expose event is needed.. :)

hmm how about a fake root window

make a root window manager program (which might be implemented in a window
manager itself) ... programs would request icons drawn on it ... it would
also handle the backgrounds and it could do a bunch of other root window
related stuff

hmmm ... I guess a dumb idea ...

George