Re: [gtk-list] Re: Gnome/GtkCanvas (was Re: gtk_args_collect & gnome--)

>  What may be Miguel/Frederico decision, it should be quick, because,
>  the canvas is gonna be widely used in the next week (it's a
>  fantastic widget) by numerous programmers. A name change, if it
>  doesn't occur now, would create a big mess, a least for several
>  days as it would break the misc bindings and programs using
>  gnome-canvas. This is not good for gnome or gtk's reputation.

For now, I would like GnomeCanvas to reside in gnome-libs.  I still
have to make some changes to it before it stabilizes.  Also, it is the
foundation of the calendar, the spreadsheet, and the presentations
program -- if these programs require changes to the canvas, I can make
them easily if the canvas is in gnome-libs, but I cannot do them as
easily if it is in Gtk.

People who want to use the canvas right now can simply install
gnome-libs, which a) is not difficult at all, and b) gives them a nice
application framework anyways.

  Federico