Re: FOR_PANEL moved, ORBit notes

On Mon, 7 Sep 1998, Miguel de Icaza wrote:

> > A couple of notes:
> > 	  - You will need to rerun orbit-idl on .idl files because the
> > 	    generated output has changed. The easiest way to make this
> > 	    happen is to 'rm -f gnome-core/panel/gnome-panel.h' and the
> > 	    Makefile will rerun it automatically.
>
> Shouldn't we be using rules for the autogenerated files?
>
> Something like:
>
> gnome-panel.h gnome-panel-skels.c gnome-panel-stubs.c: gnome-panel.idl
> 	orbit-idl $<

It already does this.

The problem is that this rule does not handle the case where the program
generating the output (prefix/bin/orbit-idl) changes, and I don't think it
_should_ really be that picky.

It's just growing pains, :)
-- Elliot
Progress (n.): The process through which Usenet has evolved from smart
people in front of dumb terminals to dumb people in front of smart
terminals.  -- obs@burnout.demon.co.uk