Re: FAQ release! Need help!

    Todd> 1) Free software has a murky definition; someone please
    Todd> point me to the equivalent of "The Open Source Definition",
    Todd> v1.0.

Dude, I think it's best to not re-open that up, so I'll stop pressing
my point.  You wrote the FAQ, after all!

    Todd> 2) I severaly dislike using imprecise terms like this.
    Todd> Specifically, I want to make clear that traditionally
    Todd> non-FSF-related communities, such as xBSD and Mozilla, are
    Todd> our bretheren.  Stallman has said, if I am remember
    Todd> correctly, that BSD-style licenses are not free software.

I must correct this, though: you are completely wrong.  The BSD and
(old) X licenses are free.  The older BSD license is obnoxious, but
still free.  The old X license is non-obnoxious and free.