Re: panel/ORBit trouble

Elliot Lee <sopwith@redhat.com> writes:
> On Wed, 2 Sep 1998, Todd Graham Lewis wrote:
> > On 2 Sep 1998, Elliot Lee wrote:
> >
> > > or use the FOR_PANEL tag on the CVS tree.
> >
> > How does one do this?
>
> Do 'cvs update -r FOR_PANEL' in your top ORBit/ checkout dir, and then all
> your updates from then on will use the FOR_PANEL tag.

Yep.

> To stop using a tag to update from, I think the command is something like
> 'cvs update -r HEAD', but that still sets a sticky tag - anyone know how
> to remove all sticky tags and go to the head of the tree?  The cvs help
> seems to indicate that 'cvs update -f' will do the trick, I dunno :)

Nope.  You use `cvs update -A' to reset sticky tags, and go to the head
revision.

  $ cvs --help update
  Usage: cvs update [-APdflRp] [-k kopt] [-r rev|-D date] [-j rev]
      [-I ign] [-W spec] [files...]
 -->	  -A      Reset any sticky tags/date/kopts.
	  -P      Prune empty directories.
	  -d      Build directories, like checkout does.
	  -f      Force a head revision match if tag/date not found.
	  -l      Local directory only, no recursion.
	  -R      Process directories recursively.
	  -p      Send updates to standard output (avoids stickiness).
	  -k kopt Use RCS kopt -k option on checkout.
	  -r rev  Update using specified revision/tag (is sticky).
	  -D date Set date to update from (is sticky).
	  -j rev  Merge in changes made between current revision and rev.
	  -I ign  More files to ignore (! to reset).
	  -W spec Wrappers specification line.
  (Specify the --help global option for a list of other help options)

- Hari