Re: Does gtkicq applet work?

On Sat, 31 Oct 1998, Richard Hult wrote:

> Does the gtkicq applet work for anyone? I get the following output:
>
> Message: Initializing CORBA for applet
>

> ** ERROR **: Could not communicate with the panel
>
> aborting...
> Abort (core dumped)

The applet part only seems to work correctly if started from
Foot->Panel->Add Applet->Network->GtkICQ.  I haven't been able to get the
applet to dock when started off of the command line.  Is this a bug on my
part, or are applets just not intended to be started that way?

Sincerely,

Jeremy Wise
jwise@pathwaynet.com