Re: gnome-core bombs mightily

Todd Graham Lewis <tlewis@mindspring.net> writes:

> > Also, as I said in response to another message, I've been doing
> > this for some months and it just failed yesterday.
>
> I've been doing this for over a year, and I have accidentally and
> unknowingly nuked my .m4 files and cried about it on the list more times
> than I care to recall.  It never hurts to check.  Plus, if you are beyond
> checking dumb things just to placate the people trying to help you,
> then maybe you should not be asking for help, non?

No, I don't mind checking dumb things at all. Actually, I'm afraid you
were getting the fallout from the post that preceded yours. My
apologies.

> 	% strace -f autoconf 2>&1 | grep 'm4'

Ah. I think this is it! Doing this led me to see I had no
aclocal.m4. And why?

aclocal: configure.in: 170: macro `AM_PATH_ESD' not found in library

Because, about two days ago, a commit in gnome-core made the whole
shebang depend on having esd installed! And, if it's not, aclocal
fails, which means autoconf fails.

--
Michael D. Harnois, Redeemer Lutheran Church, Washburn, IA
mharnois@willinet.net                      aa0bt@aa0bt.ampr.org