Re: can we please use branches?

On Tue, 27 Oct 1998, Daniel Veillard wrote:

> Quoting Todd Graham Lewis (tlewis@mindspring.net):
> > The GTK guys have done a great job of isolating everyone from the pain
> > caused by adding themes.  Is there any reason we can't do the same for
> > changes to, e.g., XML?  I'm not criticising, just wondering if we can't
> > make these API changes without necessarily breaking everyone.
>
>   Well, apart from the XML point that Miguel already answered, this may
> sound a good idea. However I think it gives back more problems than
> it solves:

Ok.  I was just wondering if they could be used in this way, but if people
think that it is a bad idea, then certainly we should not do it.  I just
did not know if anyone was thinking along those lines, so I thought that
I would recommend it.

--
Todd Graham Lewis            32°49'N,83°36'W          (800) 719-4664, x2804
******Linux******         MindSpring Enterprises      tlewis@mindspring.net