Re: gnome-games fails to find libgnorba, with patch

Well, should have tested before I sent this out...  :-(

 > In a current anoncvs compile of gnome-games, libgnorba isn't
 > correctly detected because it depends on libintl and friends, via
 > libgnome.  The obvious patch is to move the AM_GNU_GETTEXT macro to
 > before the check for libgnorba, as does the following patch.

This is too obvious to be correct.  AM_GNU_GETTEXT does not propagate
any usable libs to the check for libgnorba.  Which doesn't come as a
surprise because it isn't even guaranteed that there is any libintl on
my system, given that all gnome components compile their own copy of
libintl.a.

 > Alternatively, perhaps the gnome-config script should include
 > `-lintl' in its output?

Or even better, how come my libgnome depends on external libintl
functions?  I thought they should have been linked into libgnome.so,
shouldn't they?

Thanks for any suggestions,
	Alex

--