I want to develope!!

but I can't until gnome compiles correctly.. I have downloaded and
compiled glib, gtk+, and imlib.. Once I set the appropriate paths and
stuff I had no problems.. Now I'm stuck on libIDL..
When I run ./autogen I get an error telling me that it can't find the
glib-config file. It tells me to set my path to include /opt/gnome/bin..
Well I did that, and the glib-config is in that directory.. I though I
may not have set the path correctly so I just put the file in /bin.. I
still get the same error.  If I try to run "make", it craps out saying
it can't find glibconfig.h..

I'm starting to get *really* frustrated..

This is a RH 5.1 system with most of the updates applied.

Thanks for any help,

--
Philip J. Matheson
Software Engineer / System Administrator