Problem with Gnome icons (still)

I mailed a problem getting icons to display properly in
Gnome, and didn't hear back.

For some reason, all the panel icons, and icons in Gnome
apps (and cards in solitaire, etc) come up garbled. I'm
not sure which type of format these icons are, so I don't
know which library is causing the problem. Can anyone
help me on this?

I'm running the Gnome 0.30 set, with the following image
libraries (should be most/all):

libgr 2.0.13-10
libjpeg 6b-5
libjpeg6a 6a-2
libpng 1.0.1-3
libtiff 3.4-4
libungif 3.0-4
zlib 1.1.2-2
glib 1.1.3-1
glib10 1.0.6-1
imlib 1.8.1-1
libxml 0.30-1
xmp 3.4j-2

Also, I don't have giflib installed, but libungif. Looks
like the two conflict, but not sure.

Thanks in advance. I'd really appreciate help on this.

--
                 Jason Colflesh
rody@erols.com			jason.colflesh@sap-ag.de