Re: g_strsplit???

On Tue, 27 Oct 1998, Todd Graham Lewis wrote:
> While compiling gtk+:
>
> gcc -g -O2 -DGTK_NO_CHECK_CASTS -Wall -DUSE_XIM -o .libs/testgtk testgtk.o -Wl,--rpath -Wl,/opt/gnome/lib .libs/libgtk.so -Wl,--rpath -Wl,/opt/gnome/lib ../gdk/.libs/libgdk.so -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lXext -lX11 -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lXext -lX11 -L/opt/gnome/lib -r
> dynamic -lgmodule -lglib -ldl -lm
> .libs/libgtk.so: undefined reference to `g_strsplit'
>
> I am completely flummoxed; I cannot find g_strsplit in any header, lib,
> or source file in GNOME, even though it looks at first glance like a
> glib function.  Anyone have any insight into this problem?

These functions have been changing name fairly frequently over the last
week, to judge by cvs-commits-list. g_strsplit seems to be in the current
glib in cvs, so I'd give it an update and try again...

HTH

(Is this sort of thing going to stop happening any time soon? If glib
never stabilises, then anything else hasn't a chance. I understand the
need to get it right now, I was just wondering if that's been aheived
yet...)

Michael Hudson
Jesus College
Cambridge