Icons & such

Is there a plan for handling minimized application icons?  I have not found
any documentation yet.  Does the group believe this should be handled by the
WM or the application?  Should the icons be represented on the panel (ala
WinXX) or on the root window (ala FVWM)?

I believe I prefer minimized icons should be represented on the panel.
However, I also believe launch icons should not be on the panel but on the
root window.  Has any work been done in this area?

Aside from the general list I have also sent this to the components list.
My first thought was to use CORBA for minimizing applications to the panel,
but I am not sure if this is necessary.  I would appreciate some feedback.
Also, would CORBA be used to place launch icons on the root window?

Finally, is there any standards for icon color scheme and size?  Life would
be easier if launch icons were are one size, and minimized icons were all
one size, and .... etc.

Thanks,
   Steven Kilby
--