PLS: Help me to compile ...

Hello,

This is the 3th time and probably the last I'm searching for help.

I'm trying to compile gnome sources. I followed all instructions
and downloaded/installed indicated rpms. All but one rule - I
haven't the redhat! I have the slackware 3.5 distr.

I could compile glib. When moving to gtk+ (and others),  I got
a few unresolved symbols beginning with "g_". Ex. g_log.

As much as I could see in the sources, they are not defined there.

So, they must be defined in any other lib I am missing.

Pls tell me what lib is that? Or at least point me out any
other place to ask for.

TIA
Paulo

--