Re: Gnome, macros, support, intl, compilation problem

Todd Graham Lewis <tlewis@mindspring.net> writes:
> On Sun, 25 Oct 1998, Dov Grobgeld wrote:
> > I've was trying to follow the compilation guide for Gnome but I got an
> > error that does not occur in the text.
>
> FAQ 4.4.3
>
> http://www.mindspring.com/~tlewis/gnome/faq/v1.0.1/FAQ.txt

This covers only part of it.

The rest of the problem was missing `macros'/`support' directories.  I
think we need to have a FAQ entry

  Symptoms:

	* I am missing the `macros' subdir in gnome-libs (or gnome-core,
	   or ...)

	* "AM_ACLOCAL_INCLUDE" not defined/is unknown

  Short Answer:

	Use `cvs checkout' to refetch those modules.

		cd /path/to/gnome-libs/
		cd ..
		cvs -z3 -d `cat gnome-libs/CVS/Root` checkout gnome-libs

  Long Answer:

	[... The mail I CCed you (Todd) yesterday ...]

- Hari