Re: Gnome, macros, support, intl, compilation problem

> I've was trying to follow the compilation guide for Gnome but I got an
> error that does not occur in the text.
>
> First of all I was a bit confused that CVS pulled out the three
> libraries support, intl, and macros at the top level though I didn't
> ask it to get these macros explicitely.
>
> Anyhow when I cd to gnome-libs and do
>
>    ./autogen.sh --prefix=/usr/local/GNOME --with-gtk-prefix=/usr/local/gnome
>
> I get he following sequence of errors:
[SNIP]

> And that's the end of it. What I don't understand is the complaints
> about intl, macros, and support. They are in the directory above, and as
> I said before how they got there I don't understand.
>
> Thanks!
How did You pull things out of CVS?
I found out (the hard way) that You need to use "cvs checkout ..." since in
CVSROOT/modules there are a lot of definitions that redefine modules
to be sum of other ones.
Apparently using "cvs update ..." or similar commands does *not* follow
said rules.
I'm sending this to the list because I'm still a little confused about these
schemas and I would like someone more knowledgeble to comment
on those.
I'm willing to summarize and try to write some Mini-HOWTO, if this
is useful.

Best Regards

Mauro Condarelli