Re: Installing gnome the easy way.

From: michob@iname.com
+-----
| I think there is a problem in the install process for gnome.  Linux is
| started to move into the "ease-of-use" direction because of all the
| attention it's been getting from the media and the corporate world.
| Gnome should not be an exception to that.  I realize many people
+--->8

No, there's no "problem" with it aside from the fact that GNOME is a moving
target.  The ancient version of GNOME provided with RH5.1 is not compatible
with the newer snapshots --- and this is inevitable with a suite which is
changing as rapidly as GNOME.

The "problem", if any, is that Red Hat should not have been so quick to
include GNOME in Red Hat 5.1.

--
brandon s. allbery	[os/2][linux][solaris][japh]	 allbery@kf8nh.apk.net
system administrator	     [WAY too many hats]	   allbery@ece.cmu.edu