gnome-libs build failure

Howdy gnomers.

I'm relatively knew to the gnome scene.  I'm interested in finding out
what it will take to make my Mount.app application work on the gnome
panel.  I couldn't find any Alpha RPM's for gnome, so I downloaded the
0.30 sources and tried to compile those.  I ran into some errors so I
decided to try the cvs route.

I got most of gnome to build over the weekend, (from cvs sources) but
something broke early this week.  After doing a cvs update, I get the
following unresolved symbols trying to build gnome-libs:

../libgnomeui/.libs/libgnomeui.so: undefined reference to `gtk_paint_string'
../libgnomeui/.libs/libgnomeui.so: undefined reference to `gtk_paint_flat_box'

I can't find any references to those two functions in the gtk+ source
tree.

I've tried updating and re-checking out both gnome-libs and gtk+ to no
avail.

This is on an Alpha box running RH 5.1 with all the trimmings.  If I
have to I'll just rm -rf ~/gnomecvs /opt/gnome and start over, but I
wanted to make sure it wasn't a known problem.

Cheers,

BTW, you guys have come a long way in a short time.  I'm impressed.

--
Steve Borho