Autogen.sh scripts are slightly buggy in Gnome

Greetings Gnome Users, Pseudo-coders and Children ;-)

	Something odd has happened to the autogen.sh scripts on the gnome
cvs. The ones effected, as far as I've looked are gnome-libs, -media,
-core, -games, etc (mostly the gnome branches)... I had to do a fresh
cvs checkout three days ago, and this is the autogen.sh that i end up
with[root@Mozart gnome-libs]# cat autogen.sh

#!/bin/sh
# Run this to generate all the initial makefiles, etc.

srcdir=`dirname $0`
test -z "$srcdir" && srcdir=.

PKG_NAME="Gnome Libraries"

(test -f $srcdir/configure.in \
  && test -f $srcdir/HACKING \
  && test -d $srcdir/gtk-xmhtml) || {
    echo -n "**Error**: Directory "\`$srcdir\'" does not look like the"
    echo " top-level gnome directory"
    exit 1
}

. $srcdir/macros/autogen.sh     ..

Thats from gnome-libs branch, as you can see it wont do anything,
because there is no macros directory .. I've tried removing the
offending scripts and updating with cvs, and it replaces it with the
same thing .... Am I missing something here ? I've been using
autogen.sh to configure all the branches for months now.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)))))

Bob