db library on Solaris??

I have been trying to get the 0.30.1 snapshots (not out of CVS) to
build under Solaris 2.5.1 with gcc-2.8.1.  Everything has been going
pretty well except when I try and compile the base library package, I
get a message about db library must be installed.  It is looking for
db_open() or dbopen().

What is this library?  Where do I get it?

I tried to check the archives, but they aren't really searchable
(*hint*, *hint*).  I didn't see anything.  Also, I did see some stuff
about esound working on Solaris, but I didn't see the original
messages.  Can someone point me to some relevant info?

Thanks in advance,

ast.

Oh, if someone *was* to implement searching of the archives, I would
humbly suggest that a model to follow would be the Omni Development
archive search at http://www.omnigroup.com/MailArchive/search.html.
It is really pretty cool.  I don't know how they did it, but it works
pretty well, and I think that the GNOME/GTK community at large could
benefit from something similar.