Problem firing up Gnome or apps

Hey there. I've sent this out before, but haven't heard any suggestions
yet on it, so here goes:

I've gotten the 0.30 set of sources compiled and installed,
following the set of instructions from the Gnome web site (under the
getting started). I've installed the imlib set, the extra-src set, and
the source set. Everything seemed to install properly together,
although I did notice that the gnome-core gave me these problems
when getting the configure file ready:

sed: can't read ./applets/gkb/Makefile.in: No such file or directory
sed: can't read ./applets/fvwm-pager/Makefile.in: No such file or
directory

Also, the MC source didn't want to compile for me.

However, with everything installed when I try to run the panel from
within FVWM, I get this error:

Message: Initializing CORBA for panel

panel: error in loading shared libraries
:undefined symbol: gnome_master_client

Any ideas where in ORBit, or the ORBit/core connection the errors are
coming from? Maybe even GTK? I grabbed the GnoRPM to play with it,
but it likewise gives me the undefined symbol error.

I'm running a 2.0.35 kernel with an Alpha 21164PC SX164 motherboard.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Jason Colflesh