Re: WM does not start in gnome-session

Alex> Today I finally upgraded to CVS gnome. In previously installed
Alex> version there was background-properties, which now gone away,
Alex> so, according to docs I replaced previous stuff in .xinitrc with
Alex> call to gnome-session.  It did not work properly until I removed
Alex> ~/.gnome - and have got default session with my default WM
Alex> (fvwm2). But after restart I've got app windows w/o WM, and
Alex> session file doesn't contain fvwm line (default session file
Alex> does contain).

If your window manager is not session-aware, then it can't be
automatically restarted by the session manager.

There are two possible fixes:

1. Run the window manager in the background from your .xinitrc
2. Configure gnome-session to run the window manager for you.
   You can do this via session-properties.  (This is what I do.)

Alex> Besides, I got core file in home directory upon logout from gnome.

Core file from what program?  Use `file core' to see.  Then submit a
bug report including a stack trace.

Tom