Re: BOB: GNOME Word Processor Efforts

B> But that's a given:  it has to be XML, because (a) GNOME is already using
B> it/moving to it and (b) MS Word is (supposedly) moving to it.

Right.  Whatever.  Now that we have a syntax, can we actually develop
a _file format_?  (Sorry, but I'm sick of people invoking the magic
name of XML without mentioning that it doesn't address semantics at
all.  I've known people to get confused about this and think no work
will have to be put into translaters at all.)

Right now, XML is a worse format than RTF, because you at least know
what the various RTF tags are and what they mean... you don't even
know what the XML tags will be....

--
Alan Shutko <ats@acm.org> - By consent of the corrupted
Oxymoron: Public Servant