Problems compiling imlib-1.8.1

	I managed to compile GTK 1.1.2. gtk-config gives me the good
version, and I can run the gtk-test in X-Windows.  But when I run
the configure script for imlib, I have this message :

---------------------------------
checking for gtk-config... (cached) /usr/local/bin/gtk-config
checking for GTK - version >= 1.0.0... no
*** Could not run GTK test program, checking why...
*** The test program failed to compile or link. See the file config.log
for the
*** exact error that occured. This usually means GTK was
incorrectly installed
*** or that you have moved GTK since it was installed. In the latter
case, you
*** may want to edit the gtk-config script: /usr/local/bin/gtk-config
configure: warning: *** gdk_imlib will not be built ***
Most of the other packages detected GTK correctly. What can I do?

Thanks in advance!

Jeff.