Re: Problems Contributing

>>>>> "Greg" == Greg S Hayes <sdc@choice.net> writes:

Greg> I found similar mistakes in the glib spec [ ... ]
Greg> However, even after I posted it to the list several weeks ago,
Greg> then later mailed it to Miguel, and it went to gtkdev@gimp.org
Greg> nothing happened.

According to glib/README, bug reports should be sent to gtk-bugs@gtk.org.

Greg> Also trying to get a cvs account to contribute something like a
Greg> spec patch (even if it is important) will probably not happen. I
Greg> think the real question is, why has it been so hard to
Greg> contribute to GNOME?? Has anyone else had problems getting their
Greg> patches applied?

I'd like to know this as well.

In the particular case of glib/gtk+ patches: I wouldn't be suprised if
patches for these sent to gnome-list go ignored.  Gtk is really a
separate project.  The membership overlaps, but not all Gnome
programmers work on Gtk+.

Tom