Re: panel question w/ E

On Sat, 17 Oct 1998 raster@redhat.com wrote:

> On 17 Oct, Marcus Brubaker scribbled:
> ->  This may be something with E, or it may be something with the panel, or it
> ->  may be a combination thereof, but the buttons in E no longer hide
> ->  themselves under the panel.  This is a little bit annoying, although it's
> ->  not that big of a deal.
>
> if the panel detects a gnome compliant wm  (ie E in CVs) it becomes a
> managed client  - E's buttons are sticky and on top - thus above sticky
> windows... move the butotns out of the way or turn them off. :)

Thanks.  I appreciate the clarification.  I've opted to not move the
buttons, or remove them, but rather, to use a corner panel.  I like those,
a lot.  I would suggest that we have that as a default.  Also, I just have
to comment, I LOVE the E config capplet(s).  Very nice...very very nice.

Marcus Brubaker
spoon@elpaso.net
http://www.elpaso.net/~spoon

- "ALL YOU CAN HOPE FOR IS THE MERCY OF HELL."
- "Yeah?"
- "JUST OUR LITTLE JOKE."
- "Ngk," said Crowley.
        -- Crowley in conversation with his superiors
           (Terry Pratchett & Neil Gaiman, Good Omens)