Re: BOB: GNOME Word Processor Efforts

On Fri, 16 Oct 1998, Mark Galassi wrote:
>     >> Does this sound reasonable?  Is this the right way to write a
>     >> word processor?
>
>     Sam> Forgive me for sounding naive, but shouldn't people be
>     Sam> working on modifying the UI bindings and adding DOM support
>     Sam> to an established editor such as emacs?
>
> The talk here is about a word processor, not an editor.

What exactly is the difference?

I think a word processor is merely an editor with a few slight adjustments
to it's behaviour to make it more easy to handle language.  Emacs gives us
this already with it's buffers and modes - why re-invent the wheel to
provide a word processor that will be years behind in basic editing
features?

---
Sam Vilain, sam@whoever.com