Re: GNOME Documentation Framework

Fredrico,

I'm making the API documentation extractor a 2 piece process.   The first
strips a block of docu-comments out (whether that's comments about a single
function, or a whole module -see John's later email).  This information
gets passed off to some other (probably externally chosen) module that
handles the actual formatting of the data, for some particular target.

I have been thinking about using Welder for that second piece, and just
writing various Welder plugins for each output document format: ie,
one for DocBook, maybe another for HTML, a third for man, or whatever.

Initially, I plan on just making the second part only do DocBook (without
Welder's intervention).  Afterwords, I'll find out what other formats
people want to be able to grab the information in.

regards,
scottwimer