Re: Making prerequisites easy

At 08:21 PM 10/14/98 -0400, you wrote:

>> Does anyone have ideas for making it easier to get GNOME installed, and
>> making the prerequisites look less threatening to new users?

I haven't had much trouble at all getting things initially installed.  It's
UPGRADING that drives me bonkers.

I'm fighting now with the 0.30 release of GNOME.   Just difficult to figure
out what files I need.  Then I invariably run into dependency problems.

Argh.  Very frustrating.  I like the release of GNOME that RH did on the
5.1 CD.  Very easy to install. :)
 Why can't they do the same thing with subsequent releases???

jim priest
"I don't think Microsoft is evil in itself;
I just think that they make really crappy operating systems."
				-Linus Torvalds