Re: Panel fun

On Wed, Oct 14, 1998 at 10:22:56AM -0500, Alan Shutko wrote:
> T> I agree; I don't think that the panel is very revolutionary.  Nice,
> T> but not earth-shattering.
>
> One thing I'd like to work on after the gmc rewrite and the DND api is
> finished is dragging things to launchers in the panel.  It seems so
> obvious to me that I assume someone is already planning it, but if
> not, I'd enjoy working on it.  And how about the having the menu items
> work on selected icons, just like my old Amiga tools menu... hmmm.. I
> could like this.

well it shouldn't be that hard to do ... there could definately be more
DND in the panel

about the fact that the panel is not earthshattering ... it's not
supposed to be .. it's supposed to be a simple but very configurable
interface so that I don't have to run windowmanager XY just to get
a launcher ... I think launcher has nothing to do with a WM and thus it
should be independent ...

gmc won't be earthshattering .. nor will just about any gnome app ... it's
pretty hard to do something earthshattering that is actually usefull ...
why should we try to reinvent the wheel ...

George

George Lebl <jirka@5z.com> http://www.5z.com/jirka/
  The following implements RSA in perl and is illegal to export from the US: