Re: CORBA interface to gnome calendar

On Tue, 13 Oct 1998, Daniel Veillard wrote:

>   Oh, I would LOVE that, if you could just design the interfaces so that
> it could be used for global scheduling of multiple people agendas.
> My dream would be something allowing both operation on a private agenda
> and on an shared agenda server for a Team of people. This would be
> *terribly* useful !

I mentioned this about a year ago, so I don't really mind that no one
remembers, but Microsoft and Lotus wrote up a MIME type for itnerchange
of calendaring information; this would let, e.g., three people point
their intelligent agents at each other and allow them to negotiate
amongst themselves to schedule a meeting time which meets all three of
their requirements, if such a time is possible.  The MIME type might
not be directly applicable, but I bet that it would provide a lot of
insight into the topic.  Last I saw, it was in draft stage, but it
might have made it to RFC status by now.  I can look it up if people
are interested and can't find it themselves.

--
Todd Graham Lewis            32°49'N,83°36'W          (800) 719-4664, x2804
******Linux******         MindSpring Enterprises      tlewis@mindspring.net