Re: Gtop Question

On Mon, 12 Oct 1998, Alex G. Paoli wrote:

> Just installed the newest CVS of gtop and it seems to be fine. It now
> allows me to selec users and the particular user will be shown.
>
> Problem: If 400 miles large :> Huge.. Cant even get to the bottom of it to
> resize. Is there some form of gemoetry I can set for it..
>
> Dont know why its doing this.

Thanks for your question. This is really a bug which needs to be fixed,
at the moment there is no way to make it smaller.

However it has a good session management - so you can copy the following
file to ~/.gnome/gtop and edit it by hand.

To change the initial geometry look at the `[MDI Session]' section.
You'll find the following line there:

	mdi_window_80b1df8=31/135/729/476

The 4 numbers on the right hand side of the equal sign are x and y
coordinates, width and height of the main window.

I already made them a little bit smaller so it should work on 800x600 -
well I'm testing every thing with a resolution of 1280x1024 ...

I'll add some code to GTop to make it easier to change the initial
size and make it look less ugly with low resolutions soon.

Martin

[Placement]
Menu=top
Toolbar=top

[procview]
sort_field=8
sort_order=0
summary_mode=60
font_name=-*-courier-medium-r-*-*-14-*-*-*-m-*-*-*
details_flags=0
procview_field_mask=20415
procview_field_width=5,8,3,3,6,6,6,6,4,5,5,7,7,7,20

[global]
save_session=1
mdi_mode=0
update_cpu=200
update_mem=400
update_procview=3000
update_memusage=3000
update_fsusage=3000

[summary_cpu]
color0=#ffffffff4fff
color1=#dfffdfffdfff
color2=#afffafffafff
color3=#000000000000

[summary_mem]
color0=#bfffbfff4fff
color1=#efffefff4fff
color2=#afffafffafff
color3=#00008fff0000

[summary_swap]
color0=#cfff5fff5fff
color1=#00008fff0000

[memusage]
proc_select=0
min_resident=1024
min_shared=1024
min_size=1024
min_virtual=4096
min_swap=1024

[fsusage]
fsmode=1
selected_fs=0
selected_fs_mask=0

[graph]
font_name=-*-courier-medium-r-*-*-18-*-*-*-m-*-*-*
default_width=980
default_height=700
horizontal_border=20
vertical_border=20
line_width=80
pad_width=20
graph_width=100
extra_height=0
foreground=#ffffffffffff
background=#000000000000
color0=#8fffefff8fff
color1=#8fffafffefff
color2=#efffafffafff
color3=#efffefff5fff

[MDI Session]
mdi_session=1
mdi_children=80b52d8:80b54a8:80b5690
mdi_windows=80b1df8
mdi_active_window=80b1df8
mdi_active_view=80b5a08
mdi_child_config_80b52d8=0/4
mdi_child_windows_80b52d8=80b1df8
mdi_child_views_80b52d8=80b5a08
mdi_child_config_80b54a8=1/0
mdi_child_windows_80b54a8=80b1df8
mdi_child_views_80b54a8=80e9d70
mdi_child_config_80b5690=2/2
mdi_child_windows_80b5690=80b1df8
mdi_child_views_80b5690=80f01b0
mdi_window_80b1df8=31/135/729/476
mdi_window_view_80b1df8=80b5a08

   Martin Baulig - Angewandte Mathematik - Universitaet Trier
   martin@home-of-linux.org, http://www.home-of-linux.org/