Re: egcs-optimized GNOME -- WOW!

Soren Harward wrote:

> I finally got everything I needed to compiled with egcs and the
> optimization flags '-O6 -mpentiumpro -march=pentiumpro' and MAN DOES GNOME
> FLY!!  It's great!!  Thanks a lot to Mr. Hult, everything is beautiful.  I
> think even egcs is faster than gcc at compiling the stuff in the first
> place (no definitive tests done yet).

I'm glad I could help a fellow speeder ;)

I guess this means that I don't need to tell you how to do it then... A
couple of questions:

Did egcs fail to compile gnome-libs with -O6?

Did you compile glib/gtk+ without runtime checks like Miguel talked
about? I'm thinking about trying that just to see how fast it can get.

If anyone else tries, please tell me if gcc/egcs fails compiling
frame.c in gnome-libs.

Richard