Re: libgtop needs patch to compile

[Sorry, I was very busy this week so I had no time to answer until now.]

On Wed, 7 Oct 1998, Tom Dyas wrote:

> It may be the wrong place to stick it but something needs to link with
> glib. The file sysdeps/linux/sysinfo.c uses g_hash_table_new
> at line 57 and g_hash_table_insert at line 73. And when I tried to link,
> I got unresolved symbol errors.

If you get unresolved symbols when linking this is most likely due to
an error with libtool.

In sysdeps/linux/Makefile.am there is this line:

	libgtop_sysdeps_la_LIBADD	= @GLIB_LIBS@

which adds the dependency of glib to the libtool library
`sysdeps/linux/libgtop_sysdeps.la' - if this works there should be
a line like this in it:

	# Libraries that this one depends upon.
	dependency_libs=' -L/home/baulig/INSTALL/lib -lglib'

This means if you link something against `libgtop_sysdeps.la' you'll
automatically get glib as well.

Martin

   Martin Baulig - Angewandte Mathematik - Universitaet Trier
   martin@home-of-linux.org, http://www.home-of-linux.org/