Re: newbie GNOME programmer

> 1. I've tried to compile the first applet source included in the GTK tutorial
>    (before the HelloWorld one) and the compiler said:
>
> [daniele@localhost daniele]$ gcc FirstApp.c

When you compile Gtk+ applications you need to use a number of include
directories and link with some libraries, this is achieved like this:

gcc FirstApp.c `gtk-config --libs --cflags`

If you are doing Gnome applications, you will need to use this
command:

gcc FirstApp.c `gnome-config --libs --cflags gnomeui`

Of course if you only want to compile you use:

gcc -c FirstApp.c `gnome-config --cflags gnomeui`

and to link you would use:

gcc -o FirstApp FirstApp.o `gnome-config --libs gnomeui`