Re: compiling and using GNOME on non-linux systems: mailing list?

On Fri, 9 Oct 1998, Frederic Devernay wrote:
> Having GNOME compile on one given system is one thing.
> Having a usable GNOME (ie freq(coredump) < 5/h) is another thing... my
> panel works, games work, but I can't get imlib_config and many applets
> or control panels to run

Sometimes this is not a platform-related problem. ;-) Gnome still has some
very alpha chunks.

Sometimes it is though. Some of the applets, etc. rely on Linux-specific
functionality, probably because no one knows how to do the equivalent
thing on other systems (and it's something totally nonstandard, like
turning PPP on and off). We are going to have to rely on patches from
people who have the unsupported systems...

I don't think any of the core functionality is nonportable like this
though, just random little applets and things.

Havoc