Re: tcl/tk

"Jason S. Moore" <jsmoore@brain.uccs.edu> writes:

> Has anyone tried to port the Tk library to Gtk+? If not, I think
> that would be useful, that way all tcl scripts could fit better into
> gnome.

I wondered about doing that, too, but I'm not really interested enough
to try.  The recommended way of doing this is apparently to look at
guile/gtk, which provides an abstraction of Gtk+.

Another way of integrating Tcl/Tk scripts would be to provide a Gtk+
extension to Tcl, in much the same way that Tk extends Tcl.  i.e., you
wouldn't worry about compatibility with Tk.  And then throw in send
functionality---so Gtk extended scripts and Tk extended ones could
intercommunicate.  (And, of course, you'd want access to whatever
gnome-libs provides, and whatever makes sense with ORBit.)