Re: Launching vs. Raising an application...

In a previous letter Nathan 'Nato' Uno [Nato@unos.net] wrote:

<snip>
> My problem with this is that there are times when I WANT several unique
> instances of a program.  xterm?  gvim?  So we'd need to have a way to
> differentiate between applications that allow several instances and
> applications that force the user to only have one instance...

Me too, I just couldn't figure out why I disliked the "blurred launch" idea
(Now I do. Thanks! :)

Actually, blurring the differece between launching & raising would require
some kind of "MDI only" thinking in gnome in order to work with more than
one document...
(Yeach! ;-)

But it IS an user firiendly idea!
Too bad it's a user dumbing idea too...
If anyone has missed it - I'm against this idea of "burring the difference
between Launching & raising".
Userfriendlyness - yes please, but not at any cost!

mvh
// Liss
liss@ydab.se