Re: Compiling gnome-libs-0.30.1 on a debian 1.3 system...

> >   Doing gcc -ldl fails to find libdl (which is sitting in /lib). Can someone
> > suggest a fix or am I doomed to not being able to run GNOME (unless I get the
>
> Have you tried -L/lib ?`

  Yep. Also tried gcc -L/lib -ldl -shared. Still no joy. The compiler version
(gcc -v) is:

Reading specs from /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i486-linux/2.7.2.1/specs
gcc version 2.7.2.1

  I know that .deb packages exist only for debian 2.0 systems (rather than the
1.3 system I am in front of). Is this the reason?

 AFAIK debian 1.3 supports shared libs so how do I con configure into knowing
this?

  Cheers,

  Tom