Re: Windows and DLLs

D> Can you explain to me exactly what the method is for writing
D> programs on UNIX with location independence?

As long as the program is in the path and argv[0] is the program name,
or argv[0] is the full program name, it's pretty straightforward.
teTeX does it.

However, there's no real guarantee that argv[0] will really contain
the program name.  But I guess it's ok if a program doesn't work is
fomeone lies to it using exec.

--
Alan Shutko <ats@acm.org> - By consent of the corrupted
IBM stands for "Inferior But Marketable"