Re: gdm: shadow unfriendly

>>>>> "Dave" == Dave Boynton <dboynton@worldnet.att.net> writes:

Dave> Yes, I agree with the concept, but unfortunately, you can't
Dave> access /etc/shadow as nobody, without some help from
Dave> setuid. Even with pam.

I didn't make myself clear in my previous post (I got distracted by
the machines in CERN's computing centre :).

The auth code doesn't belong in gdmgreeter. It was there for legacy
reasons and was recently moved to the gdm slave process.

Unfortunately my auto-update script fscked up before I went to
Switzerland, so the stuff in CVS is ancient. I'll sync with my current
tree asap.

Sorry about the inconvenience.

--
Martin Kasper Petersen			BOFH, IC1&2, Aalborg University, DK
mailto:mkp@SunSITE.auc.dk		http://www.socsci.auc.dk/~mkp/